REGISTRATION FOR OUR PROJECTS WAS EXTENDED. YOU HAVE TIME UNTIL THE 31ST MARCH 2016.
I am going to share the needed information for the 2016 Seagulls Projects.
We would like to support the future leaders of our world under the leadership of our teachers and
community leaders through problem-solving skills ornamented with quality tools and ICT (Information
and Communication Technologies) use effectively.
“ICT Seagulls Project” was designed for students of K-12 levels by Dr. Hayal Köksal, and then, she added a new project under the title of “Leading Seagulls Project” for university students, teacher-trainees, for the retired teachers and all the community leaders. Both projects hug not only the gifted but also the disabled participants. Faculty administrators, business world, NGO leaders and parents are all invited from all countries to support world future generations through those projects.
After 352 certified national and international projects, we claim that we are doing a good thing for the future world.
We will train and follow and give needed feedback to your teams through technology.
Our Methodology is “İmece Circles”. Form your team (=circle), decide on your problem area and apply.
Our sharing mode is Web Page design and Blog supported by PPT Presentations both in Turkish and in English.
Registration starts on 10th October 2015 & Projects end on 6th June 2016.
“ICT Seagulls “; will be formed under the dynamic leadership of two project teachers along with 5-8 students and two parents. The role of teachers is only facilitating.
“Leading Seagulls” project is for university teams, for teacher-trainees attending Faculty of Education, for retired teachers and for all community leaders including families, business world and NGOs. 2-10 members might be a good start. This is a flexible model based upon negotiation.
Through “ICT Seagulls & Leading Seagulls Projects”, participants will;
- grasp the spirit of the team and understand the necessity of collaboration,
- learn how to use PDCA Mindset and quality tools in advanced problem-solving skill to solve their problems,
- use technology and the Internet effectively and creatively,
- understand the necessity of practice rather than only knowing theory,
- enhance awareness of environmental protection, cultural differences, importance of knowing history,
- manage their time in the most effective way,
- learn and apply ethical rules,
- be aware of the importance of communication,
- develop tolerance, respect and love for all.
The supporting bodies of the projects are: “The Association for Innovative Collaboration (YİMEDER)”, “Boğaziçi University Peace Education and Research Center (BUPERC)”, “Tria Bilişim”, “Doğan Advertisement” from Turkey; and also “The World Council for Total Quality & Excellence in Education (WCTQEE)”, “City Montessori School (CMS), Lucknow, India”, “QUEST-Nepal”, “NYDT-South Africa” and “Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies Network”. “Bilim Şenliği” has been our last supporter. Thank you very much to all of the supporting dosts.
Do you want to be with us in this collaborative project?
Target Audience: The project is open to all students from Kindergarten to graduate classes of Turkish and international schools in and out of Turkey.
STUDENT- focused “ICT Seagulls” Project;
- Pre-school classes
- Elementary School,
- Middle School,
- High school,
- Technical and Vocational Schools.
(Open to all gifted and challenged/disabled participation).
ADULT-focused “LEADING Seagulls” Project;
- Student-teachers (Students of the Faculties of Education),
- All university students attending any faculty,
- Retired teachers,
- Non-governmental Organizations,
- Business leaders and companies,
- Local Governors,
Why Such A Project?
- This is a very successful project, lasting for 13 years. So far, through 340 national and international projects conducted in Turkey, India, USA, UK, Nepal and South Africa, nearly 4,000 students, teachers, parents and supporting bodies participated in the project, and they are used to saying they have learned and enjoyed a lot.
- World Council supports it, due to its aim and scope. “2002 UNESCO Peace Education” Awarded City Montessori School (CMS), Lucknow, India hosts the Awards Ceremony of it every two year during the ICSQCCs. We are thankful to Dr. Jagdish Gandhi and Dr. Vineeta Kamran for that wonderful support and hospitality.
- It upgrades the quality of educational system with its “multiple-intelligence-based, peace-oriented, innovative and creative format” by directing the students to problem-solving steps rather than memorization. Following scientific research method and ethical application, using quality tools and statistics are needed ingredients. Students indulge in the best practices of collaborative studies through İMECE (A cultural word from the Turkish villages meaning collaboration).
- “Sensitivity “is a very important feature like empathy. We act with the slogan of great leaders Atatürk: “Peace at home, peace in the world”. We need to learn and to teach sensitivity and understanding to cultural differences.
- Preserving the eco system is necessary for all of us and this teaching exists within the projects.
- Loving humanity, respecting and supporting it is essential in this project. WE NEVER APPROVE NEGATIVE RIVALRY. This year only two problems will be studied:
This year we have only 3 topics:
- Solving problems like Atatürk and finding solutions with his glasses.
The participants determine the project area and topic. They follow the “PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) Mindset” taking the following steps:
- Research (Literature Reviewing) and planning,
- Data collection for the implementation,
- Analyzing the collected data,
- Suggestions and conclusion to solve the problem.
It must be kept in mind that;
- The ethics of scientific research and project studies is essential.
- At every step, the use of technology and quality tools is necessary.
- The process and the outcomes should be shared via social media and the Internet to inform the community
Project Steps and the Calendar of the year 2016:
- Teams can register the Project only after following the following steps:
- Project team/school becomes a Project Partner of YİMEDER only for six months through filling the Partnership Form. School/Organization leader signs it.
- The school leader and the project leader sign registration Form of the project.
- Registration period of the 2016 Projects will start on October 10, 2015 and will last until the Last day of March 2016.
- After the registration, participants get three “Training PPTs” to learn more about the steps of the projects. If the participants arrange, they may invite Dr. Köksal to their schools for the training and counselling. The project methodology is “İmece Circles”. Visiting the web pages of the previous years’ projects through www.bilisimcimartilar.com is highly recommended.
- During the preparation of the projects, Skype conferences will be used for all kinds of counseling and guidance. A continuous and regular communication is needed for a successful project management. This is also an important criterion in the evaluation! My address is “hayal.koksal1”.
- The web or Blog addresses of the finalized projects will be delivered to Dr. Köksal on 6 June 2016.
- Announcement of the results of peer- and jury-evaluation will take place until the mid-days of July.
- Award ceremony will be held in Turkey. Venue and time will be shared later.
You are invited to join those innovative projects.
We believe that we stand together!
Dr. Hayal KÖKSAL
Project Designer &
General Coordinator DG (Turkey), WCTQEE