- INTERNATIONAL ICT SEAGULLS START THEIR PROJECT JOURNEY
The only TQM-focused ICT and SQC Project of the world_ICT Seagulls_ started registering the new teams for the 19th year on 1st November 2021. We are looking forward to registering the new teams (SQCs/İmece Circles) -along with the ones which are to start their 2nd year. We are very happy for being supported by outstanding world civil society organizations like; “CMS, Lucknow, India”, “WCTQEE”, “Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies”, “Nepal QUEST”, “English Language Education Association (ELEA/İnged)” and “Association for Innovative Collaboration (AIC/YİMEDER)”.
This project is very different from the accustomed project designs. Why?
*Its origin is Turkey & It is an online project (appropriate for distance education).
*It works within teams/İmece Circles/SQCs. World Bank awarded its methodology in 2005 at the “Competition for Turkey’s Creative Development Ideas”.
*It continuously improves. It is modified within time based upon the necessities and requirements of the year/age.
*It is a guided project. The coordinator of the project always follows your steps through the e-mails and guided templates and motivates you when is needed.
*Technology and Internet use are essential for the project, but other innovative means might replace them. It is up to your imagination. We use computers for communication, data collection, and data analyses, and for sharing.
*Its goal is learning, involving & sharing the acquired 21st Century skills through that project such as creativity, innovation, critical thinking, collaboration, communication, time and conflict management, effective technology use, and ethics.
* There is no need for negative rivalry. When the project is completed and delivered as a PPT or a web address, team members get the Achievement Certificate.
We aim at training innovative, contemporary, and qualified generations who are;
- good at using the Internet, social media, and ICT technology efficiently and effectively,
- aware of the importance of collaboration (=İmece) and team spirit,
- skillful in determining and solving their own problems and also the problems of the community,
- knowledgeable about research rules and ethics,
- visionary, brave, and hardworking enough to implement the strategies developed for the problem areas,
- sensitive enough to the problems of own community, environment, cultural diversity, and self-improvement,
- well-trained and creative in sharing their project steps on an innovative PowerPoint presentation, web page, and/or Blog.
Through this Project;
1. Awareness will be created upon the K-12 level student-teacher circles (teams)/university circles, community circles including NGOs and local authorities related to;
- Human dignity, cultural sensitivity, and tolerance,
- Sustainability in various areas,
- Gaining a historical perspective about the studies issues,
- Team spirit through “World Bank 2005 Turkey’s Creative Development Ideas” AWARDED “İmece Circles” methodology,
- Quality focused issues and tools,
- Technological & Environmental literacy,
- Creativity: Original and authentic design info,
- Time, meeting, conflict, stress and portfolio management,
- Ethics, especially respecting the copyrights of others,
- Communication skills & Problem-solving skills,
- The necessity of feeding “Mind-Body and Spirit” in a positive way.
- Young generations will be motivated to be more creative, productive, and investigative whatever they study.
- All generations_young and old_ will be able to come to the same platform to solve the common problems.
- Participants will develop a positive attitude towards the importance of sharing the results of their projects at a very extraordinary style_ using their imagination to fly beyond of limits just like; “The Seagull Jonathan Livingstone”; not only at national but also at international platforms.
The main topics of our 19th project are determined as follows:
- Will the pandemic end? Will there be new ones? What’s life going to be like afterward?
- Will the Paris agreement bring any solution to the climate problem of the world? Why/not? What is your solution?
- Women’s Rights & Violence against Women: Do you have any solution?
- Why is education in every country losing blood? What are the causes and solutions?
- How would you solve the water problem as the future leaders of the world?
- Empowerment of the young is essential.
- Competing in self, collaborating with others.
- PDCA Mindset (Plan-Do-Check-Act) within İmece Circled methodology.
- Technology and quality tools are used at the maximum level.
- Guided training and road map drawings through obligatory monthly Zoom meetings.
- Self-, Peer- and Jury-assessment based on definite rubrics.
- Sharing the project through PPT presentations, Blog/Web Page designs.
TARGET GROUPS & CATEGORIES: In 2022, national and/or international circles will work in the following categories:
- K-12 graders (ICT Seagulls)
- University students and lecturers (Undergraduate, Graduate & Post-graduate) (Leading Seagulls)
- Disabled and/or gifted adults and/or students (Challenged Seagulls)
- Local authorities, NGOs, companies, and families (Community Seagulls).
HOW TO REGISTER?
K-12 Schools: Team leader student or teacher keeps in touch with the Coordinator Hayal Köksal through email ([email protected]) & needed forms are sent to him/her.
University students and/or instructors + disabled people and community leaders also follow the same route. Donation for YİMEDER is requested from the participating teams. Thus, they become project partners and get our free books.
Registration starts on 1st November 2021 and ends in June 2022.
The deadline for registration is 1st March 2022.
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Hayal KÖKSAL
Project Designer & Coordinator